Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored Part

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
zetex
672 Views, 7 Replies

Mirrored Part

Why when I mirror a part in an assembly the mirrored part gets a new part number? I want to mirror only the position of the part which is always the same part. Is it possible to do that in Inventor?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: zetex

What options do you have selected?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
zetex
in reply to: JDMather

Under Assemble ribbon "Mirror" command
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

That is the command you used - not the options of the command.
I am not at an Inventor computer right now, but start the command and experiment with the various options.
Also I recommend goingthrough the tutorials and check the help system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
t_stramr

Hi zetex,

Assembly Mirror command works in two modes.

The first mode we call "True Mirror" and is represented by GREEN icon in mirror dialog box. In this case, selected component is mirrored using derive mechanism to create completely new part and instrance of this new part is placed at target position.

The second mode is called "Reuse" and is represnted by yellow icon. In this case, we only place new instance of selected component and the command is trying to define target poistion and orientation so the new instance will look like mirrored.

Both these modes remain source component unchanged, so it is not moved or removed.

Robert

Mirr1.png

Message 6 of 8
zetex
in reply to: t_stramr

Thanks Robert, that was doing great!Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
zetex

There is a problem with that solution: the mirrored parts keeping the origin part number are not constrained at all, so I have to constrain them one by one....Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 8
t_stramr

Can you post simplified version(ZIP file) of your dataset so I can try it on my machine?

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report