Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror part in assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Greg__Reynolds
346 Views, 3 Replies

mirror part in assembly

Hi

I have a guard rail made as 1 part for left side of a machine which will go into a assembly file.Instead of creating a guard for the right side of the machine is there any options of creating a mirrored part of the left side guard and then saving so i have the right side guard?

I placed the left side of the guard on its own in an assembly and mirrored the part.It did created a right side guard as i would like....is there a way so that i can save the right side guard as a single part like the left side guard which would save me having to model up...there could be other ways to create so please any info would be appreciated

I am using 2013 version

Thank you

Greg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Greg__Reynolds

Have you tried Mirror Components?

Can you attach your assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Greg__Reynolds
in reply to: JDMather

I did look at Mirrored Components but was not sure if this was correct.I did see it created a Base Model of the exact part but mirrored.Do i just rename the mirrored part?

To update any changes in the mirrored part do i just make changes to the original part and then update?

Thanks

Greg R

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Greg__Reynolds

I recommend that you experiment with the various options of the Mirror Components tool until you have a feel for how it works.

Also, install the Service Packs for r2013 (iProperties show you on 2013 SP0).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report