Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror glitch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eveylynne
323 Views, 1 Reply

Mirror glitch

I'm mirroring an ipart over the xy plane, and the preview looks perfect.  However, when I click "ok" on the Mirror Components: File Names dialog, the new mirrored part appears next to the original part.  The mirror itself is correct, along with orientation, but the placement is wrong. 

What am I missing?

Also, once I actually get the mirror to work, is there a way to get the ipart mirror to be driven to match the different configurations of the original ipart in its iassambly?

Or would it be best to turn the mirror into its own ipart and manage it independantly? Ideas?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
t_stramr
in reply to: eveylynne

Hi eveylynne,

I'm one of developers responsible for mirror command. From attached pictures I can't say what is wrong. From captured view I don't even see the mirror plane. If it is possible please attach your dataset in ZIP form. Simplified dataset(remove all components that are not included in mirror) where the problem is still reproducible is the best choice.

Q1: Once you modify iPart table and update your source iPart then its mirrored counterpart should be updated as well as it is mirrored using derive mechanism.

Thanks,

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report