Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror and flip a feature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scott.monk
6074 Views, 3 Replies

mirror and flip a feature

Hello,

I would like to both flip and mirror (or pattern) a feature onto the opposite side of a rectangular extrusion.

For example (assuming a rectangular solid extruded in the Z dimension), I have two counterbored holes on the top surface of the solid alinged with the X axis and I would like a copy of those holes on the bottom surface but aligned with the Y axis. If I pattern the holes rotating them 90 degrees and then attempt to mirror them, I can only select all four or the two originals. Is there any way to dissassociate the rotated copies from the originals while still retaining control over their dimensions from a single sketch?

Am I missing something?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: scott.monk

Attach the ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The only workaround I know of in IV is to use "delete face" with the "heal" option to get rid of unwanted copies of holes.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Here's an idea out of left field: Perform a circular pattern (2 instances in 180 degrees) at a 45 degree angle.  You'd need to set up a work axis to do this, but it will give you the result you're after (see attached)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report