Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror a Cut through multiple solid bodies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RobJV
221 Views, 4 Replies

Mirror a Cut through multiple solid bodies

I think I have given up in the past and simply created this in other ways but now I want to figure out if there is a way to do this.  I have a sheet of 1/2" tempered glass (could be anything made up of more than 1 solid body) made up of 3 solid bodies.  I have made some cuts (extrusions) on one end that go through all 3 solid bodies and want to mirror it about an origin plane.  Is there any way to do this and have the cuts go through all 3 solid bodies in one operation or do I continue to have to perform the mirror command 3 times?

Inventor 2014 Ultimate

Thanks,

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BarryZA
in reply to: RobJV

I have been doing a lot of multi-body work myself lately.

For my needs I seem to be leaning towards mirroring sketches, and using ifeatures.

I'm not sure if this helps you, I know what you mean about doing multiple mirrors. Mirroring fillets seems impossible for me as well, all other features will mirror except the fillets.

Message 3 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: BarryZA

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I would rather not mirror sketches if I don't have to and mirror features instead.  It may be the only way though...

Rob

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: RobJV

I searched the Inventor IdeaStation forum for existing proposals, didn't find any, created one myself.  Please add kudos to this idea if you would like to see this changed in future versions.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 5 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: SBix26

Kudo added - thanks for adding to ideastation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report