Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimal DXF

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PunchyShoe
777 Views, 0 Replies

minimal DXF

I have written a little program that exports some data in a DXF file R12.

Works fine, but I now need to export splines. R12 does not support splines.

Higher versions of DXF support splines, but I have been having trouble creating a simple R14 file that works.

It apparently isn't enough to create an entity in an entities section, some other mysterious data is needed.

for example, this is a valid R12 dxf file:

SECTION
ENTITIES
POINT

EndSec

EOF

but good luck trying to get something like this working as a R14 format (or higher).

To find out what I was missing, I created a simple spline (4 control points) in autocad and saved it as a DXF..

The result is a file packed with data that (although no doubt usefull to the autocad application) is in fact worse than useless to me as it seriously inhibits my attempts at deciphering the format. So, if anyone would be so kind as to explain to me:

What do I need to include besides an entities section in order to constuct a valid DXF R14 file?

Does anyone have a bare-bones no-nonsense DXF R14 file they could post for me as an example?

(p.s. in fact, it doesn't have to be R14, could be higher for all I care. I just want to be able to create a DXF file that contains splines).

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums