Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Deactivates Current Window

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ASI_Aaron
290 Views, 2 Replies

Migration Deactivates Current Window

I am currently doing a migration of files to 2014. During the migration, does anyone elses windows active window you are working in deactivate while the Task Scheduler is running??  Trying to type an email got a bit annoying.  Minimizing the Task Scheduler will only work some of the time.  Its hit or miss. 

- Aaron -
PDSU 2016
i7-5820k
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 512gb
Quadro K4200
32GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: ASI_Aaron

Yes, it try's to bring itself to the front when it starts migrating a new file. If you watch the Task-Manager you can see it opening an instance of Inventor for each migration.

Generally this is the reason I start the migration process at the end of the work day. I do all IPT files on the first run, then all the IAM files on the second run and finally all IDW files for the last run. If we had more IPN files I would do them before the IDW run.

Most system settings give higher priority to "front" running apps and reduced priority to apps running in the background. 

And yes it's annoying.

We always "archive" all our files to disc before we migrate. Even though we back up every night, sometimes it's handy to be able to go back to a previous version.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
ASI_Aaron
in reply to: blair

Interesting, thanks Blair.  I was unaware of the processes for the active window. Case closed...

- Aaron -
PDSU 2016
i7-5820k
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 512gb
Quadro K4200
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report