Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating files from 2012 to 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Barry1Lau
198 Views, 2 Replies

Migrating files from 2012 to 2014

I migrated all my files from 2012 to 2014 which was successful except for any assembly that had content center components in it.  Every one of them gives resolve errors out on every bolt, nut or dowel pin type or size in the assembly.  My project file points to the 2014 content library.  When I select "find" for the component file, the program goes to the directory where all of the other details of the assembly are located.  Why doesn't it go to the component library of 2014 or even 2012?  Why doesn't the migration utility work better for the content center?

After several hours of searching for and not finding the right file, I just deleted all of the content center components and re-added them.  I tried replacing the bolts using replace component and saving the assembly.  The same resolve errors came up when the file was reopened.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ampster401
in reply to: Barry1Lau

Was the CC library itself migrated?

Typically what happens is people migrate (each step is it's own migration process and doesn't included any other step);

1.  The CC library by itself.

2.  All the part files

3.  All the assy files

4.  Then the drawing files.

The CC library needs to be migrated by itself as it is not automatically included when you do the assy files.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
Barry1Lau
in reply to: ampster401

Apparently I am not the only one having these kinds of troubles.  Next time I do a migration (assuming there is a next time), I will try to follow your suggestion.  Too bad this information was not in the instructions for using task scheduler.  After reading a later post, it appears that you have to copy the R2012 folder into the R2014 folder in order to avoid the dreaded unresolved error window.

I would say that Autodesk needs to fix this problem to avoid wasting a bunch of our time.  The migration process should be fire and forget especially if you are only using 1 project file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report