Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating custom CC library from 2013 to 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SMGordon
1048 Views, 4 Replies

Migrating custom CC library from 2013 to 2014

I have upraded to Inventor 2014 and I'm having trouble transfering my custom content center library (local machine, no server).  My understanding was that I copy the .idcl and .idz files from the old folder to the 2014 folder, open the projects dialog box, configure content center libraries button, and use the update tool button. However, in the configure libraries dialog box my custom library doesn't even show up in the list along with my ANSI, ISO, "My Library", etc. Restarting Inventor didn't help.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: SMGordon

Sound like it's not in the correct directory. At the top of the screen that lists the CC files is a blue hyperlink. Click on this, it will open the correct library and use it to at the target to copy the files into.

I would also check your Application Options in Inventor to make sure all the target folders are correct as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
SMGordon

That's how I found the folder in the first place. I have double checked both those locations and double checked against another machine that works.

Message 4 of 5
blair

Can you copy the CC over from a machine that works and if that helps

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
SMGordon
in reply to: blair

My problem seems to be solved, but the weird part is that I didn't do anything to fix it. I left my machine on overnight because I had a bunch of different windows up that I was working off. There must have been a power failure because this morning while my internet browser restored itself my inventor and autocad were closed. When I opened the "configure CC libraries" button to click the blue link to get to the right folder I noticed my custom library was there with the yellow exclamation mark symbol, and the rest was gravy. 

TL;DR - My computer restarted and then everything just worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report