Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate or Save-All to 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
beau-tech
209 Views, 2 Replies

Migrate or Save-All to 2014

Made the move from 2013 to 2014 Inventor. Should I migrate files that I'm going to work on  or  open the assembly and then do a 'save all' in master representation level? I have been doing the save-all routine until now because it's just faster and can be done on a as-needed basis. Which is best or are the methods equivalent?

Thanks.

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: beau-tech

IMO its best to (first backup all files of course) and then migrate all files via task scheduler when you update to a new release.. (I do parts first.. then assemblies.. then idw files)

If you only migrate when you open files to work on them you have a good chance of possibly going years between migrating some files you don't use that often.. And thats not recommended at all.. Something about don't let them get more than 4 versions behind or you could have problems/corrupt files,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

Before we Migrate, all Inventor files are backed up (in this case to DVD for archive purposes) even though the network does a full backup each evening. We then run the the Task Scheduler and migrate all IPT files first, then run it a second time for all the IAM files, thirdly for the IPN files and the last time we run it is for the IDW's.

I'm sure others have different methods, we've been doing it this way since IV5 (started on IV4).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report