Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft update warning "attn autodesk moderators"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
harrih
317 Views, 5 Replies

Microsoft update warning "attn autodesk moderators"

microsoft updates dated 10/19/2014 for Windows 7    have caused complete slowdown of Inventor 2013 64bit edition to the point where it is unusable

rolling back to before this update returns to normal  .

Someone who understands this stuff should investigate.

just letting you know

Harry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
calvin.chin
in reply to: harrih

How could the windows update is causing so much trouble until Inventor 2013 64-bit not usable? What about the other version of Inventor? 

Message 3 of 6
DannyHubbard
in reply to: harrih

Check out this article, there was an update that could cause problem with standalone licensing.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-crashes-after-ins...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
calvin.chin
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Wow.. didn't see that coming... which version of AutoCAD were affected? 

Message 5 of 6
DannyHubbard
in reply to: calvin.chin

I believe it is at least 2013 and newer products, personally I have only seen this update cause problems when trying to activate a stand alone license.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6

I've seen numerous Windows updates cause random havok on not only Inventor but most other CAD programs as well.

Typically you have to roll back the updates manually until ADesk is able to create a fix/patch.

I recall a few releases back when a Windows update caused all text and labels to go away or apprear really messed up.

It took a few days or weeks until there was an update/patch to fix the issue. A few years later the very same thing happened to the SWX people.

I blame Bill Gates.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report