Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric O-Rings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1584 Views, 7 Replies

Metric O-Rings

I'm on the hunt for a library of metric O-Rings, unfortunately IV2014 only ships with imperial (not much use to the rest of the world 🙂  Does anyone have any suggestions of where I could find something like this?  In the past I've created a revolve to make individual o-rings but it gets frustrating to have to create these each time.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You could create your own CC library or just use the "Primitives- Torus" to create your O-ring.

You could try TracePartsOnline.net

http://www.tracepartsonline.net/%28S%28if0dyh45ackdzdedwm0r1y2x%29%29/content.aspx

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
jhagarty

Here's an ipart for metric o-rings.  I've had it so long I can't remember if I created this or pulled it off the web.  You can always add more sizes or publish to CC.  It's an 2012 format.

Jim

Message 4 of 8
adsk_loren

Hi,

The Inventor ANSI library only has inch O-rings, but the other libraries are Metric.

I have the ANSI, BSI, DIN, GB, GOST, ISO, and JIS libraries. I searched for O-ring, and it shows 8 Inch families in ANSI and 55 Metric families in the other standards. You didn't mention what you need, but the ISO 3601-1 family has 722 sizes.

Here are three possibllities starting with the easiest one.

1) Do you have the filter in Content Center set to Inventor ANSI?

2) Do you have the other libraries selected in the project file?

3) Did you install the other libraries?

Also, have you tried the O-Ring Component Generator? It creates the groove and adds the O-ring.

Regards,
Loren
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks guys,

Still not exactly what I'm looking for, but Jim's iPart looks like about the closest I'm going to get.  I guess I'm still awaiting AD to re-institute the O-Ring Generator (it vanished from 2013 and hasn't been seen since).

Message 6 of 8
rdyson

Didn't check 2013 but seems to be alive and well in 2014

Image1.png

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

Couldn't see it for looking! Man Tongue  Now I just need to find a library for B2401 rings.

Message 8 of 8
adsk_loren

Hi,

Content Center has 8 B2401 O-ring families in the JIS library.

B2401 O-ring libraries

Regards,
Loren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report