Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric dowel hole selector prog?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jmartzig
409 Views, 6 Replies

Metric dowel hole selector prog?

anyone know of a program (freeware or not) that i could input the tolerance and fit of my dowel, and it will tell me the tolerance for my dowel hole so i won't always have to look it up? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jmartzig

You can copy and paste them from here. Not the best solution but it works better than typing them in.

I have not tried it yet but in IV10 you may be able to put these in the Content Center. Since it will now call it out on the drawing as a hole.
Message 3 of 7
jmartzig

guess i was kinda looking for a stand alone program, where i could input a couple of values and what kind of fit i wanted, etc, and get my hoel tolerance. but thank you for the response.

-Joe
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I thought there are only 3 tolerances for dowels.
press fit, tap fit and slip fit.
Message 5 of 7
jmartzig

looking at this table i have in front of me (for metric) under clearance fits alone, i have: loose running, free running, close running, sliding fit, locational clearance.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

If you or your customer's standards allow you to call it out that way.

P.F. FOR DWL. etc
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Not sure this will help you but take a look at iholes at www.mymcad.com.
You may or may not be able to modify it to work for dowels. Heck I don't even know if the tolerance can be added this way. But worth a shot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report