Hy. I have some questions related to metal sheet chapter (inventor 2014 professional) :
1. I wish to flange one edge but not at it's entire lenght (preview on the right side). How can be done that (including the..cut). ?
2. Why do this part flat look like this? Seems incorrect..isn't it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Click the >> in the lower right corner of the Flange dialog box for more options (offset flange from end).
2. Fantasy feature. The Contour Roll is very limited in what it will do correctly.
For the first one I've succeed but couldn't understood what's fantasy with my second design.. Only straight lines (on angle) can get flat pattern? Like this one..
3. Also..which version is recommended for a pc. with 1Gb Ram and Windows XP SP3 installed? The needed feature (99%) is the metal-sheet so this should be the criteria of selection.
2014,2013 or below?
...couldn't understood what's fantasy with my second design.. Only straight lines (on angle) can get flat pattern? Like this one..
Nothing wrong with your part - but Inventor will not unfold that giving you the results you expect.
The Contoured Roll feature will only give correct Flat Pattern for limited geometric shapes even though it will allow you to create the rolled shape.
So..if inventor is unable to solve such issue.. is there any chance with other simmilar software such as.. Solidworks/Catia or any other?
Fot this type of request.. with the bend option will be created?
SolidWorks would not unfold that cone/cylinder with solution you expect. I have never used Catia. There are sheet metal add-ins for Inventor that might give you the solution you expect - but I have never used those either.
For your second question - attach your ipt file here.
Oh..quick & good..but there's no other automatic (no manually cut) solution? It's ok even with this after all..