Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshing error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
balarockx
3590 Views, 10 Replies

Meshing error

While turning on mesh view am getting a error "Internal error : Regularization failed " and the meshing fails

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: balarockx

I don't see any Contacts defined.

Click here before attempting mesh.

Also, have you installed the Service Packs for 2014?

Contacts.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
balarockx
in reply to: JDMather

I did try automatic contacts but its throwing the same error again while detecting it...

Message 4 of 11
raviburla

Hi,

This issue would be model specific. Can you please post your model or email it to me [Ravi.Burla at Autodesk dot com]. We will be able provide more information based on the model. Can you also confirm that this issue does not happen for all of your models?

The error message indicates that there is some issue in the geometric pre-processing. This step happens before contact detection, which is why no contacts are detected. 

Thanks,
Ravi Burla (Autodesk)

Ravi Burla
Sr. Principal Research Engineer
Message 5 of 11
balarockx
in reply to: raviburla

pfa the assembly file, autodesk version and my system properties.

Message 6 of 11
JDMather

What is the source of this imported geometry?

Inventor indicates that the imported geometry does not pass Quality Check (notice the i in circle).

This is very simple geometry - I would either create native in Inventor rather than importing

or

Repair the imported geometry.

Imported Quality.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 11
raviburla

Hi,

Thanks for the model and system and Inventor version information. I am able to mesh the model with Inventor 2015. But I run into a meshing error with Inventor 2014 RTM. But by changing the mesh density, the model meshes successfully. 

Can you try couple of experiments:

(1) Change your mesh settings and try meshing. OR. Manage -> Rebuild all and then try meshing.

(2) Save the model as stp and reopen the step file and then mesh. Since there is some issue with geomtry, this step could heal some geometry issues. Please note that this is not a suggested work-around. It is always better to create good geometry natively.

Thanks,
Ravi Burla (Autodesk)

Ravi Burla
Sr. Principal Research Engineer
Message 8 of 11
balarockx

Hi Ravi,
I installed the 2015 version and it worked good in it . Thanks
for your help.
Message 9 of 11
SHYREL

Hi,

When I tried to select the automatic contacts of the model, it shows regularization failed inventor. I changed the mesh settings and rebuild them all, still having the same problem. What might be the problem?

Message 10 of 11
SHYREL
in reply to: JDMather

Hi, 

I have tried to change the mesh settings, the geometry of the model, and rebuild all, and the error still pop up  'internal error: regularization failed'. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the assembly of the model that I have been working on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MDFpQTDV8rJZWYwnFTsV_7kNNyfQEZQE/view?usp=sharing 

Message 11 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! It is likely geometry related. Please share the files here. Forum experts and I can take a look to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report