Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh enabler

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rebekah_harper
411 Views, 6 Replies

Mesh enabler

Hiya everyone,

Hope all is well.

I found out that mesh enabler add on might solve a no geometry problem.
Basically I have a number of parts that have no volume or geometry and I want to make them so they are solids for 3d printing.

Is this add on what I need and how do I get it for trial so I can decide if it's any good for me?

Thank you

Becky
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wilkhui
in reply to: rebekah_harper

Hi Becky,

Would you be able to give us some more information about the models and workflow; Have you tried using Meshmixer to close the volumes? Can you attach the models so that we can see what they look like? What 3D printer are you using?

Thanks,

Indy

p.s. How's your tyre model going?

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
rebekah_harper
in reply to: wilkhui

Hiya,

Sorry. I will add a file ASAP when I'm at my PC.
Message 4 of 7

here is one of the files.

I am hoping to diss assemple and make them solid. scale to 1:14 and print

Message 5 of 7

has any one got any ideas on this one?

Message 6 of 7
wilkhui
in reply to: rebekah_harper

Hi Becky,

Sorry for the late reply - it looks like the model has zero thickness (although it's difficult to tell since you attached the .ipt import instead of the original file), so even if you patched up the holes you'd still need to enclose some kind of volume before you try to 3D print it. This is best done in Meshmixer, did you try to load the .stl there?

Hope this helps,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
rebekah_harper
in reply to: wilkhui

Thank you. The part originally came from a .jt or .stp file, can't remember which.

I've got the entire cab as a .jt file and selected the part from there to edit.

I know it has no mass and I can't select any induvidual lines or surface. Any tool I select to act upon this part says there's nothing there.
I can't save it as an STL file as, again, it says there's no mass.
I really want to give it mass because it would cut down time and reproduce the cab as its meant to be without any guess or artistic licence.

I did try auto mesher in autocad but won't even load bring in the file. Additionally I tried an imports but it hiccups and all of a sudden the file browser for autocad import tool is no longer available and I have to type in the location which in turn says it can't find the file.

I'll upload the original and see what you experts can see or do with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report