Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
peichbauer
133 Views, 1 Reply

Memory problems

IV6, sp2, on a Dell Precision 450, dual 2.4GHz, with 2.0 gb of ram and Paging file set to 4092 mb.

Problem happens while trying to update some assembly drawing views to a particular design view. Watching task manager, the "PF usage" goes up to 1.13 gb or so and then I get an error message in IV saying "Your Inventor session has used up more than 80% of the available process adress space. It is highly recommended that you close down some documents before proceeding further." Well try as I may, I can't seem to close enough things down to get this message to go away, and the only way to get out of it is to crash out of IV. Should this really be a problem with the computer setup I have? Are there any settings that I should check to avoid this problem in the future???

Phil Eichbauer

RWC Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peichbauer
in reply to: peichbauer

Ok, maybe i should have done a search before posting this one.... Found the information about iTweak and about the 3GB switch. But if anyone else has some other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report