Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory error despite 12G on 64-bit with FDS 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
959 Views, 4 Replies

Memory error despite 12G on 64-bit with FDS 2013

I could open my autocad and inventor dwg files (No I can't post them) fine w/ 2011.  Now we upgraded to FDS 2013 and I keep getting this error.

Close programs to prevent information loss:

Your computer is low on memory.  Save your files and close these programs:

Autodesk Inventor 2013

Does anyone know what's going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
4donwan4
in reply to: Anonymous

If your system requirements and hardware meet the required specifications then I would say this might just be a bad install.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 5
blair

I might power down the system and check that all the memory boards are properly seated and the end lock clips are secure. Depending on motherboards, some require certain slots to be filled, if a board is unseated, it could cause other boards not to be used. In humid condidtions, even removing and reinserting the boards may clean any poor contact surface.

Worst cause, Microsoft has a memory test utility to see if a board has failed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
sam_m
in reply to: blair

run http://www.memtest.org/ overnight to check all memory is ok (let it do a few full passes).  if it fails then you know it's a hardware fault, if it doesn't then it's pointing to an install (or software) issue.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I believe I've found the problem.  When I first upgraded to 2013 I was trying to figure out how the cad was interconnected to IV.  In the process I must have turned on a link to IV.  This created an xref which added several new layers.  When I would purge layers in cad and open in IV I'd get the memory error.  As my purging was something done before doing several updates each time I never noticed that being the problem.  The fix was to open the drawing in cad and repair, then break the link w/ IV.  Now it's working fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report