Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 209 & Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Paul-Mason
378 Views, 2 Replies

MDT 209 & Inventor

So Ive downladed the corect MDT 2009 files fro Autodesk unzipped them etc. and tried to install them

AND got a failed with the message

reson

"AN installed version of inventor was discovered on your system" yes I know that I've got Inventor 2012 on my system the blody whole reasons of installing MDT 2009 was so that I could use the import MDT dwg files to inventor and creat IN IPTs from them.

A tropical Autodesk balls-up and total waste of my time

THANK YOU AUTODESK for YET ANOTHER BALLS UP

So I'm asking how the hell are those of us who have some MDT files supposed to import them to IV if we cananot install MDT 2009 to hel us???

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: Paul-Mason

My apologies for the inconvenience Paul.

Perhaps this MDT Up and Ready post can help shed some light on the issue.

Can you verify that you downloaded the MDT software under the Autodesk Product Design Suite header? When installing MDT, did you enter the serial number corresponding to your Inventor 2012 license?

Message 3 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: Paul-Mason

sign/vote for this in the vague hope AD might eventually support their long-term customers and allow Inventor to handle MDT data without the need for MDT to be installed...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Incorporate-MDT-import-within-Inventor/idi-p/3757...

philip.s - that blog points out the farce needed to get MDT to work with 2013 (epilogue section), but what happens down the line?  If the next release of Inventor is supported on Win8 then what?  We know MDT's support has officially ended so expecting that to work on Win8 isn't really an option - but there WILL be users installing Inventor on a Win8 system who will still have legacy MDT data for products they are still manufacturing.  We have needed the MDT import tools to be incorporated within Inventor for years already and it feels like a massive middle finger from AD towards its long-term customers, who were previously using MDT for years before Inventor, to not even aknowledge the issue or offer guidance. (e.g. where is the official help in this topic? http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/MDT-files-with-Inventor-2013-Autodesk-s-official-sta... )

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report