Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathematical equations in inventor drawing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
gezim.b
2997 Views, 8 Replies

Mathematical equations in inventor drawing

Can I draw mathematical equations in Inventor drawing? I am using the stacking functionality but that fails when I need to include symbols such as greek characters.

I do not have to draw fancy equations just the simple fractions but I need the greek characters to appear.

I am using the ISOCPEUR font.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sam_m
in reply to: gezim.b

Are you using (or have you tried) the stack feature in the text editor?

stack.png

use the ^ (shift 6) to separate the upper line from the lower in the fraction, select and click the stack button.

If you want greek symbols then use the alt+#### way to add them - seemed to have problems with some symbols copy & pasting them but using alt worked.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 9
sam_m
in reply to: sam_m

sorry mate, just had a look and think it's bugged...

notice the greek symbols on the left and as soon as I click stack then become ? and f (but return to symbols when toggling off stack again)...  I've selected the stacked group and changed font but still no symbol.  Plus find it odd that it doesn't put a line between the upper and lower components...  Sorry for my post, ignore and it doesn't work...  (using Inventor 2012) 

stack2.png

Sam M.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 9
gezim.b

Yeah thanks for the quick reply though. I know that feature but it won't work here either. And trust me, I'm only dealing with some simple fractions (Materials Science problem).

Well, I guess it will have to do just fine without the greek symbols. 🙂

Thanks anyway!

Message 5 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! What release of Inventor are you on? I am able to create a simple fraction example of Greek symbols on R2012 and R2013.

The syntax to do a simple fraction is to the following.

1. Set font to GreekC.

2. Type in "2b+3a/26d-56g" (without double quotes).

3. Highlight the whole expression -> click on Stack button.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9
gezim.b
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, I have tried just tried this method.

The thing is I have to get a combined greek character and a latin character so when I use the GreekC font on the 'D' char, then the ISOCPEUR font on the 'Lp' part it works fine unstacked. When I stack them, inventor reverts fonts to a single font - which looks like ISOCPEUR to me and it won't work.

One more question, your numbers on the attachment, what font is that?

P.S: I am using Inventor 2012

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! I was using GreekC font all the way. Indeed, it looks like Stack command would use the font of the last character to stack up the expression. The Stack does not allow mixed fonts unfortunately.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
sam_m
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson, how does yours behave when using a "normal" font like Arial or Swiss and copy/pasting extended characters from character map?

Think I've just noticed something - here I've used Arial for all text and some characters don't display correctly within the text editor but seems to be ok as soon as you leave the editor (but wrong again when you "edit text"):

stack3.png 

Sam M.

Message 9 of 9
Francis.Foley

Some suggestions:

1. Do the equations in Word and import them.

2. Do the equations in Word, get a screenshot of the area and save as a jpg then import that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report