Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials.xml - Style Library Damaged

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sgwilliams
1469 Views, 3 Replies

Materials.xml - Style Library Damaged

I just finished installing Inventor 2012 Premium Suite, I copied the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data" to a network location and changed my application options to point to this so our engineering team can use the same styles. This was also changed in our project file to point to the same location. I opened a file from The Vault (professional 2012) migrated it saved it and checked it back into the vault. Now the problem I'm having is that after the file was migrated I tried to save the styles to the style library and it gives me an error (see attached pdf). How can I get the style library repaired so that I can update it with our materials that we commonly use?

Work Station : Custom built, Liquid Cooled, Asus Pro WS X570-ACE Motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor; ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Video Card; 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4-2132 Memory ; Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Drive.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can try to resolve the damaged folder by copying again the folder from the default location and then save it to your network location.

The default Design Data folder is stored on your C Drive -> "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data"

If the Design Data folder is missing from the default location, you can restore the folder by repairing your installation of Inventor 2012. You can find the information for this process in a document on our website. Here is the link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14938621

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 4

Yep that was the answer thanks!

Work Station : Custom built, Liquid Cooled, Asus Pro WS X570-ACE Motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor; ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Video Card; 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4-2132 Memory ; Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Drive.
Message 4 of 4

Thanks worked for same problem in 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report