Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Library Migration for 2012 to 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1123 Views, 4 Replies

Materials Library Migration for 2012 to 2013

Could you tell me or give me a link to the proceedure to migrate the materials library.  I have a materials library that I created in 2012 and I would like to migrate it to 2013.

Dylan T. Rogers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I need the same information too...

I normally used the style manager to copy across materials but there's no option for this now and I can't find anything anywhere that allows me to do a similar thing.

and Help...doesn't help...

regards

Gary 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I found out how to do it...

Open a part in inventor 2013...

click on tools...

click on Material...

a pop-up window comes up...

bottom left hand corner click on the "creates opens and edits" icon...and select "migrate inventor styles"

this opens up another pop-up window where you select the existing (in my case 2011 design data/materials folder) location & destination folder (default as user/public).

I maintained the migrated info into the inventor library not the autodesk library...i'll soon find out if this is right or wrong.

this procedure was found here...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia...

look under style library migration

think this solves this post

regards

Gary 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Just make sure you have sp1 installed before doing that!

SP1 fixes some issues with materials and apperiances.

Best thing is to copy library to design data/materials. And if you check your library file in windows as read only, it will be read only also in inventor.

Greg

Message 5 of 5
dave.anderson

Here's a link to an article in the Autodesk Inventor Blog on the topic as well: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/style-library-migration.html

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report