Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials Library Migration for 2012 to 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dylanrogers
1112 Views, 4 Replies

Materials Library Migration for 2012 to 2013

Could you tell me or give me a link to the proceedure to migrate the materials library.  I have a materials library that I created in 2012 and I would like to migrate it to 2013.

Dylan T. Rogers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
knowga
in reply to: dylanrogers

I need the same information too...

I normally used the style manager to copy across materials but there's no option for this now and I can't find anything anywhere that allows me to do a similar thing.

and Help...doesn't help...

regards

Gary 

Message 3 of 5
knowga
in reply to: dylanrogers

I found out how to do it...

Open a part in inventor 2013...

click on tools...

click on Material...

a pop-up window comes up...

bottom left hand corner click on the "creates opens and edits" icon...and select "migrate inventor styles"

this opens up another pop-up window where you select the existing (in my case 2011 design data/materials folder) location & destination folder (default as user/public).

I maintained the migrated info into the inventor library not the autodesk library...i'll soon find out if this is right or wrong.

this procedure was found here...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia...

look under style library migration

think this solves this post

regards

Gary 

Message 4 of 5
streharg
in reply to: knowga

Just make sure you have sp1 installed before doing that!

SP1 fixes some issues with materials and apperiances.

Best thing is to copy library to design data/materials. And if you check your library file in windows as read only, it will be read only also in inventor.

Greg

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 5 of 5
dave.anderson
in reply to: streharg

Here's a link to an article in the Autodesk Inventor Blog on the topic as well: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/style-library-migration.html

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report