Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
470 Views, 2 Replies

Material data

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for a material database with more steel types than the ones that are installed in inventor.

Is there a comprehensive database that I can download and install or do I need to add the material one by one.

Normaly I can just copy a existing steel and just use the existing properites and just change the name but I see a risk of this since in the future I may want to simulte a part and then the material data is not correct.

So... is there a good list that I can download and install??

Regard

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

There is actually a substantial list of materials in the Plate or Beam and Column Calculator portion of Inventor.

(and more if you have Inventor Tooling)

Unfortunately even though these material properties are already buried somewhere in Inventor - the only way I know of getting them into the Standards and Styles Editor is manually.

Fortunately a company tends to use a limited selection of materials - so you shouldn't have to enter 7k different materials.

Materials Properties.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks,

The problem is that I use a very large amount of materials. I am a motor desginer.

So adding the standards in a automated way would be nice...

I understand that all the casted materails I use just can not be in there since I work close with the foundry to get the alloy I need.

But If there is a way of getting all the stanards of DIN, ISO and idealy SS(Swedish Standard) would be super. 

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report