Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master sketch modeling - basics

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Vlada_B
2389 Views, 1 Reply

Master sketch modeling - basics

Hello all,

I start with top-down modeling in Inventor and I would like to ask you for couple of advice or clarifications:

1) In case I make a master sketch (.ipt) for big assembly, how should I organize the browser where I have lot of sketches, work planes and surfaces....can I make some root system there.....e.g. sub-master sketches in the master sketch browser?

It looks like very chaotic if I put all these working features in same level.

2) Is there a way how can I put once made master sketch for a part into the assembly master sketch which I am going to do?

For example: I have a parametric master skecth for Part X as well as for Part Y and these I would like to use in the parametric master sketch for the Assembly XY.   

3) In case I have same parts (sketches) in the master sketch...should I make sketch  in the master sketch for each part?

I have started with Inventor just 5 weeks ago so I am not familiar with all functions.  

Thank you for your help, Vlada

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RodrigoEiras
in reply to: Vlada_B

Hi Vlada,

Depending on the number of parts the Multibody parts could be a good solution for your case. You can get an overview at:

http://synergiscadblog.com/2014/07/29/inventor-multi-body-part-modeling-part-1-of-2/

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report