Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking Menu / Keyboard Custom

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
623 Views, 8 Replies

Marking Menu / Keyboard Custom

Hello All

Can anyone tell me how to control what is loaded into the marking menu and keyboard customization.

I have made my own custom setting for marking menu and keyboard but have had to export it to the desktop and then re-import it inventor start up otherwise I loose all my custom setting.

Is there a folder  / file where I can set my cutomized setting and get it to load on inventor start.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bobvdd
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is what you could do if you have previously exported an xml file from the Customize dialog.

As example, let's say you named the file myshortcutsand menus.xml

1.Close Inventor

2.Navigate to folder  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2013

3.Delete or backup InventorCustomization.xml

4.Copy myshortcutsand menus.xml in this folder

5.Rename myshortcutsand menus.xml to InventorCustomization.xml

Next time you start Inventor you will be using you custom keyboard shortcuts and custom marking menus.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: bobvdd

Tried this just as you layed out and it still does not load on it's own.

If I do an import from the location you just said it loads, but it does not load on it's own. 

Message 4 of 9
bobvdd

Can you post your xml here and point out just one setting that you have modified and that does not stick?

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

From the key customization section

Value>"PartChamferCmd"="CH"</Value>

Message 6 of 9
bobvdd

The xml replacement mechanism does work. What does not work is that several shortcut keys do not persist between sessions (they work fine when you import the xml manually in the Customize dfialog but they disappear once you restart Inventor).

The Part Chamfer shortcut key that you mention is one of them.

We have a defect logged for this :

1428145 Regress: lost shortcut key for buildin commands after restart Inventor

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

So long and short is that it's a known problem, there is still no fix (was like this in 2012 release) and the only way to deal with it is to import every time I start inventor. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Just noticed also that when you import the custom settings it is killing the F8 F9 keys and the iprop wiz addin.

Message 9 of 9
mrattray

One of our resident code wizards might be able to cook up an API routine to automatically import your xml file everytime you start Inventor. I would go fishing in the customization forum and see if anyone bites.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report