Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking menu customization omission

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mrattray
239 Views, 4 Replies

Marking menu customization omission

I've been forcing myself to acclamate to the new marking menu and gestures system.  I'm starting to get used enough to them to see that it's really worth it.  Thanks AutoDesk for a kick **** feature! (no sarcasm, for once)

I've found that the defualts are crap for what I do in IV, which is fine because I can customize it to whatever I do use.

However, when I RMB on a component pattern it displays a unique menu for which there appears to be no option for under customization. I'd really like to replace the craptastic useless options with things that I actually use.

By the way, why does AutoDesk neglect component patterns so much? They deserve love, too!

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Thats funny mine are the same as if I was just left click on part then right click only time I have dif is if I was not one a part or pattern.. Unless you are talking about the list below the marking menu..

Message 3 of 5
jletcher

Did you see if was under the Sub-Enviroment. I think the placed Features is what you are looking for....

Message 4 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

Interesting. No, I'm not talking about the standard context menu but the radial "marking menu". The one coinciding with gestures. I tried to screen cap my three menus, but the snipper wouldn't cooperate with me for it. Anyways, I did triple check, I have three unique menus for RMB on empty space, RMB on component, RMB on pattern.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
mrattray

Ah, I caught it! I was looking under sub-environment but, I didn't realize that "Placed Features" meant comp patterns. I thought it meant assembly features (i.e. holes).

Thanks!

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report