Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Assemblies using view representations

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CADCYGNUS
191 Views, 0 Replies

Manufacturing Assemblies using view representations

Hello my first post here.

I am creating a very large assembly for a print in the Manufacturing world of Oil and Gas.  I am expecting when the project is done I will be using over 200,000 parts or sub assemblies.  So let's say for this rig package, I am creating each indivisual tank or structure or unit that is to be built.  Now lets break that down to a Tank unit.  This unit has over 800 parts in it.  I am creating a view reprsentation for each sub assembly used in this tank.  I am up to about 40 views so far for this tank unit.  Each one is locked out after it is created and inserted into the drawing. 

Now I am taking this tank unit into a drawing.  The default view in the edit box is for the main BOM.  I have been using the same BOM for each sub unit as well.  Using the unvisable command in the command box after right clicking, allows me to hide what is not on that current page in the parts list.  This has been working so far on this Tank unit.  Each time I update the numbers or create a new part in the assembly it does not (override) the drawing like it has done before.  Before when you created a new part after you put all the dimensions on it , It would as I term called "blowing up the assembly" making it all hay wire.  Doing it the before menitoned way allows all the balloons to match the BOM and the part.  The old company I worked for did it all through the Iproperties manually.  (hated doing it that way) Smiley Mad 

Question is how many views can you have in a drawing?  What is a good number to work with and when do you stop using veiw representation after reaching a certain number of views?  Or is there a better way to do what I need to do without going back to Iproperties?

Another problem I would like to address is there a way for the Frame generator to use only feet and inches in the BOM and not decimal inches? That part is a pain for me to translate and convert.  The purchasers or welders do not understand decimal inches.Smiley Frustrated

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report