Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making valve body

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ray_H
300 Views, 2 Replies

making valve body

I have a valve body part which i have tried to model using pictures.I have a basic shape of the model done but i need help trying to make it more realistic like the pictures.The file attached is 2013.Any help on improving the model will be appreciated

Thank you

Ray

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Ray_H

@Ray_H wrote:

I have a valve body part which i have tried to model using pictures.I have a basic shape of the model done but i need help trying to make it more realistic like the pictures.The file attached is 2013.Any help on improving the model will be appreciated

Thank you

Ray

Looks like a good start, assuming that the dimensions are there.  As for realism, it's hard to get it to look exact, but you could:

• Add some fillets to remove all of the sharp edges to make it look more like the forged original.
  • Add holes on the ends, with the appropriate thread spec.
  • If you wanted, you could even emboss the text onto the body, though that might be more than you need.
  • Apply a material or appearance to the part to give it more of a grainy look like the original.

It will never look exactly like the real thing, but with these ideas you can certainly get it closer.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
luiww
in reply to: cbenner

Attached is my attempt out of fun.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report