Alright, I've managed to achieve some incremental progress. I've been toying with ISS and I can now browse to 'http://localhost/TestASP/TestASPNetStatic.txt', but I have to go through a login prompt first. Logging in as Admin gets me past this prompt and displays the contents of 'TestASPNetStatic.txt'. The Autodesk Diagnostic Tool still fails to access though. I presume this happens because the tool does not have administrator login crudentials.
I can also navigate to 'http://localhost/AutodeskDM/Services/SecurityServ
How do I keep this prompt from appearing and getting in the way? There's got to be a setting in IIS somewhere, right?
Finally got it to work. Here's the summary of what our IT people did:
* Read article "http://autodesk.lithium.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vaul
* The issue must have been caused by demoting the old SBS server to a member server
* Followed information in the support article to try to troubleshoot the problem.
* Changed IIS authentication settings and permissions - did not fix problem
* Uninstalled IIS role
* Re-installed IIS role
* Repaired Autodesk Database Manager - still not working
* Followed article again - still not working
* Deleted local IIS user and restarted IIS - this re-created the local IIS user
* Followed support article again using the newly created IIS user - success