Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Multipul Punches Into One

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ASchlaack
291 Views, 6 Replies

Making Multipul Punches Into One

I know I've asked a ton about punches today but I've got one last thing... I have 3 punches and I'd like to be able to turn them all into one punch. Can I do that and how? It doesn't allow me to Extract iFeature like making a normal punch.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: ASchlaack

Do you have the original generating geometry for all three?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

Are you talking about placing 3 punches onto a part and then trying to extract those into a new punch..

if so.. nope.

If this is just 3 different shapes you have sketched/cut and assuming there is only 1 center point used in all of those sketched then yes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
CCarreiras

HI!

In theory, the awnser is yes, you can add several features to a punch.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: mcgyvr

I need a punch to say "CS&S", I have punches that are "C", "S", and one that's an "&". Each one is adjustable by height, I wanted to combine all three punches to make one that says "CS&S" but is still adjustable by height. In this drop box is a folder with all three punches. This site wont allow you to attach punches due to their file type. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/037iddirr95j7k7/AAB6bIII2d7OeaMwHW_7eowTa

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

I would be interested in the originating geometry *.ipt (which I always keep), not the punch *.ide file.

Any set of files can be attached here by right clicking on the folder in which they are contained and selecting Send to Compressed (zipped) folder.

Autodesk360 is a good "drop-box", I avoid all others since some install stuff I don't want without my consent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

You can't create a punch from a punch..

You need to place all the geometry into 1 ipt file and create the punch.

Or just use the punch tool once for each letter on whatever parts you want this applied to.. But if you use that logo CS&S all the time then just make a single punch tool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report