Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Employee
steven.dennis
Message 11 of 16 (342 Views)

Re: Making Elements Independent in Pattern

12-02-2011 10:26 AM in reply to: msklein

Well MSK we've sort of highjacked this thread but what do you mean difficult to rename patterns?

You do a slow double click in the text area just like any other browser node that supports renaming?

Seems to work no problems for me. Can you give me any more details?

Yes I am aware that F2 is not hooked up correctly to windows rename but that _is_ a different thread! :-)

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
msklein
Message 12 of 16 (334 Views)

12-02-2011 12:51 PM in reply to: steven.dennis

Yea, it's a hijack. But I was working on a lot of patterns this morning and I was trying to help this guy earlier. So I was just checking to see what other answers he was receiving Sometimes I have to close out the assy and reopen it to get the slow double click to work. The "F2" would be great. But I just seem to have had this problem for a long time, I can’t tie the oddity of not working to any previous command. It does seem to happen more on larger files.

MSK

Employee
steven.dennis
Message 13 of 16 (319 Views)

12-05-2011 12:35 PM in reply to: DSNR

I got confirmation from another developer that making an element that has a pattern in it independent was not completed when we did pattern of pattern.

I'm sorry that that seems to be affecting your workflow.

I'm interested in hearing more about the subassembly workflow though... I wonder if we can arrive at a workaround for yoru issue.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
DSNR
Message 14 of 16 (295 Views)

12-06-2011 05:36 AM in reply to: steven.dennis

I came up with a work around, but it was quite tedious.

It only becomes a problem in large assemblies where it takes upwards of 1.5 hrs to complete an array only to find I couldn’t/cant make an element independent.

So if I am correct... Any array/pattern cannot be edited to make an element independant if there is an array in that array/pattern!!!

Are they going to change this?

Employee
steven.dennis
Message 15 of 16 (290 Views)

12-06-2011 06:12 AM in reply to: DSNR

I have added it to our list of desired improvements, that is all I can say in my position. Sorry.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
DSNR
Message 16 of 16 (287 Views)

12-06-2011 06:14 AM in reply to: steven.dennis

Thanx for the Info... Look forward to the improvement!!!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.