Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAKE VIEW PRECISE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
223 Views, 4 Replies

MAKE VIEW PRECISE

All of a sudden when i print i get an alert that says " some of the views on the following sheets are not precise. printed drawing may have inconsistencies. to make views precise, select "make views precise from the view context menu. Does anyone know where the view context menu is?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

RMB on the view label in the browser. That will bring up the view context menu. Greg Willard wrote: > All of a sudden when i print i get an alert that says " some of the views on > the following sheets are not precise. > printed drawing may have inconsistencies. to make views precise, select > "make views precise from the view context menu. > > Does anyone know where the view context menu is? > > -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

still at a loss. "Hal Gwin" wrote in message news:4015478d$1_3@newsprd01... > RMB on the view label in the browser. That will bring up the view > context menu. > > > Greg Willard wrote: > > > All of a sudden when i print i get an alert that says " some of the views on > > the following sheets are not precise. > > printed drawing may have inconsistencies. to make views precise, select > > "make views precise from the view context menu. > > > > Does anyone know where the view context menu is? > > > > > > -- > Hal Gwin > Mechanical Designer > Xenogen > > W2K SP4 > Dell Precision 650 > Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon > 1.5 GB DDR > Quadro4 900 XGL > nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update > Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

We have that happen with larger assemblies. Based on processor speed and other applications running, it may take up to 30 minutes for us on 1000+ part assemblies to generate precise views. It's worse with smaller scales. Try putting different views on different sheets in larger scale. That may help.
Check the Task Manager, you'll see the processor going at 100%.

Good luck !
Message 5 of 5
StuartMoore

I have seen this many times, especially if the drawing contains a spring (or helical feature). When you RMB to get the menu, the "make view precise" option is missing. It seems that IV has a real problem with spiral/helical features and one can only hope theat R8 is better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report