Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make sketched symbol leader invisible

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stephengibson76
595 Views, 2 Replies

make sketched symbol leader invisible

I have sketched symbols that display properties of parts they are attached to.  the problem is the insertion point is not always where I want it so i need to drag the symbol to a new location which creates a leader.  if i then turn the leader off the properties in the sketched symbol revert to the first part placed on the drawing sheet.

I would like to attach a sketched symbol to a part that reads that part property and be able to drag that symbol wherever I want without showing a leader.  that sketched symbol should of cours move with the view if i decide to drag the view around as well...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SMGordon
in reply to: stephengibson76

It sounds to me like you should be turning the visibliity of the leader off instead of turning the leader itself off. If you double-click the symbol after dragging it there should be a check box for 'leader' and one to toggle the visibility of that leader.

Also, it sounds like to insert the symbol you are double clicking the sketched symbol instance in your browser/tree panel and then attaching it to the part. If you instead right click it and pick the 'Symbols...' option it brings up the same box where you can check the leader box and uncheck the leader visibility before you place the symbol which is the method I use.

Message 3 of 3
stephengibson76
in reply to: SMGordon

both those solutions worked for me

thanks

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report