Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make part number to be a custom property Ilogic?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DeerSpotter
459 Views, 5 Replies

Make part number to be a custom property Ilogic?

Hey guys,

I have a part number that i want to defined in custom properties.

Then would it be possible to call it out in Ilogic? that way in any drawing doesnt matter where the part number will always be the same for that part when i balloon and the same in the BOM.

Please help 🙂

-max

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jtylerbc
in reply to: DeerSpotter

The Part Number field already stays the same anywhere that part is used.  Do you mean the Item Number field instead?

Message 3 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

Some confusion between "Part Number" and "Iten Number"?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
DeerSpotter
in reply to: CCarreiras

Item # lol sry must be the long commute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 5 of 6
mrattray

I'm not sure what you want that's different from standard Inventor functionality.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 6
Joseph.Randall
in reply to: mrattray

I am also interested in getting the item number from the assembly into the part custom iproperties of each part. I can then link it in my part layouts when I detail each part individually and it would remain updated when it gets renumbered.

Thank you for any help.

Joseph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report