Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Components feature not working properly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eucci
559 Views, 6 Replies

Make Components feature not working properly

"make components" has worked flawlessly for a few years until today.

I have a part with 47 individual solid bodies. When I select all the bodies and hit the "make components" tool about 2/3 of the bodies deselect and are not included in the list to be sent out to parts. While in the command, I cannot select them in any way. However, I can open one of the derived parts that are created and edit to select one of the bodies that refused to work in the make components command. While this is a workaround im not looking forward to doing this to 30+ parts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

see attached

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
eucci
in reply to: eucci

fyi:

Message 3 of 7
rdyson

Don't know if it will make any difference, but there are updates that you have not installed according to your screen shot.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 7
eucci

Yeah,

I noticed that too and installed update 2 to SP 1.1. Unfortunately, it had no effect.

Message 5 of 7
eucci

I figured out what the problem was. I had created a new view rep (view 1)in the part. I continued to work in that rep and turned on visibility on all solids. What I didn't realize is that there were solids in the "master" view that were turned off. Those are the solids that would not save out to parts usung the "make components" feature. I didn't realize since I was working in the new view rep. its the 1st time that I started messing around with view reps in the context within the .ipt file. 

I'm all set now. Problem solved !  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
maulik_patel

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this issue and also posting solution of it.

I still believe there is a bug here. It looks like ‘Make component’ command only looks into ‘Master’ design view and picks up only those bodies which are visible in it.

I will forward this issue to developers for more investigation.

Thank you!

Maulik R Patel (maulikr.patel@autodesk.com)
SQA Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
eucci
in reply to: maulik_patel

I would expect view reps in ipt files to behave the same way they behave in assemblies. In assemblies, the master view rep always reverts back to all object being visible even if you hide some while working in that view rep. That's why I didn't look for that at 1st.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report