Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Drawing Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
123 Views, 1 Reply

Major Drawing Problem

Here's what happened.

I have a factory layout containing a number of machines with interconnections etc. I created a three page drawing of the layout with multiple views etc. all went well (albeit a bit slow).

I then detailed one of the individual machines, and added a break out view to one end of one machine in the G.A. to show internals, worked well, I was suitably impressed.

However, when I later reopened my original drawing of the factory layout, that machine now has the section I had broken out missing as if I had cut it out of my model....
ie. the break out view I added on one page of one drawing has affected the views in another completely independent drawing!!!

Has anyone seen anything like this ?? If so, any easy solutions. I can try a few different things, but as it takes at least ten minutes to load the layout drawing in the first place it would be nice to have some idea of where to start. I have reopened the layout assembly file and the individual machine assembly file and both look fine, nothing missing.

INV6, SP2.

WINXP PRO, AMDXP2200+, Oxygen VX1, 1 Gig RAM etc

Thanks in advance,
David Moore
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Found my own solution.....

Close drawing without saving, close Inventor, reboot computer, re-open layout assembly, rebuild all, open layout drawing...wait ten minutes........

slap self on forehead, turn a warm shade of pink....

noticed that my section line cut through the corner of the machine I thought had problems....

sorry guys, having one of those mornings.

Dave.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report