Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros / VBA Editor button not working

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
CadUser46
3891 Views, 21 Replies

Macros / VBA Editor button not working

I have a users machine that is displaying some odd behaviour.  Their Macros and VBA Editor buttons have stopped working.  We have tried several things already but nothing appears to have any effect.

Any suggestions?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
CadUser46
in reply to: CadUser46

Here is an update of the behaviour from my colleague;  (Worth noting we are using our own project file and have the App Options pointing to a local server where the edited Default.ivb sits). 

IT did a reinstall on pc but it still doesn’t work.

I tested it on another new win7 pc and it had the same problem.

We’re a bit at a lost, because there seems to be no structure here.

I’ve checked with all new win7 machines that are in use now, of which 4 work ok, 6 not.

On the win7 test machine I got te message from the attached screen print.

If I try to do macro when I have a part open I get nothing

If I try to do macro when I have a drawing open I get this message:

And then nothing.

If I try to do macro with no file open I do get the macro window,

If I do VBA editor I get the editor but it says “no project”, even if I open a file which has code in it.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 3 of 22
CadUser46

Anyone care to take a punt at this one?

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 4 of 22
Dennis_Jeffrey

Can we assume that all Win7 systems had Inventor installed using these instructions?

http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 22
CadUser46
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Ah, no Dennis we cannot assume that.  We are subject to corporate IT and i doubt all of the items would have tick beside them.  I shall pass it on.

I would like to assume however that all the installations were done in the same way and majority of them are working including my own.  For the sake of a solution though i will ask them to re-do one machine as per the link and will report back.

Thanks.

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 6 of 22
CadUser46

Without getting into other things this problem has still not been resolved.  There is no project loaded in the VBA editor.  I managed to find one other example of this on the web where a persons Outlook vbaproject.otm file had been corrupted.

I did a search but cannot find this file on the mahchines.  Is there an equivalent file that somehow controls the vba window for Inventor?

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 7 of 22
CadUser46

Really want to avoid imaging this machine.  Is no-one willing to even take a guess?

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 8 of 22
ACEDeSmedt

We have the same problem. VBA Editor and VBA not working on a win7-64bit machine. Found a solution yet?

Regards,

Klaas De Smedt

=================================
If this is the solution, push the solution button 😉 (and maybe some kudos)
Autodesk Product Design Suit - Ultimate edition (Subscription)
Message 9 of 22
CadUser46
in reply to: ACEDeSmedt

Hi.  No solution yet.  I have been through many more things that i have not listed here.  Also Rocky has posted a few times on another thread i have in the customization forum.

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 10 of 22
Ray_Feiler

(Worth noting we are using our own project file and have the App Options pointing to a local server where the edited Default.ivb sits). 

Have you tried coping the Default.ivb to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 20XX\bin\Macros" and updated your App Options?

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 11 of 22
karthur1

I was working on one of our workstations the other day and could not get a macro to run (using Inv 2011).  Tried to start VBA editor to see if it was even loading and the editor would not start.  Reboot didnt help.  So I turned off the UAC and did a repair installl.  Rebooted and it started working then.

I ma sure you have done all of that, but that is what worked for me.

Message 12 of 22
CadUser46
in reply to: karthur1

Hi.  We had already uninstalled/reinatelled once but i tried repairing again for good measure.  Still not working though.

Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 13 of 22
NielsMaas

Anyone?

We are experiencing the same problem here.

System:

Windows Vista 64bit (SP2)

Inventor 2012 (Premium)

Message 14 of 22
ACEDeSmedt
in reply to: NielsMaas

Today I found the solution of the VBA mystery.

My plan of attack:

I noticed the only difference with other computers where the VBA module worked was the installation of Inventor 2011 (This is not the cause of the problem). So i did on the problem computer.

Whet running the VBA in Inventor 2011 I got the following error:

object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found

Google told me something of activeX and cash files. In short, you have to delete all the activeX cashfiles to solve the problem so i did. After that, VBA worked again in 2011 and 2012.

How to remove activeX cash files:

open the command window (cmd.exe) and type:

cd c:\
DEL /S /A:H /A:-H *.EXD

Essentially the command recursively deletes all your hidden and exposed exds. That will make all your activeX components load a bit slower the first time you use them again, but it should also clear out the problematic ones.

regards,

Klaas De Smedt

Message 15 of 22
NielsMaas

It's solved here!

But I can't say it's whether because of clearing the cashfiles or installing the SP1 for Inventor 2012 (I did both).

So Klaas I would say half a kudo!!

Message 16 of 22
ACEDeSmedt
in reply to: NielsMaas

Installing the SP1 did not work for me and for Inventor 2011 so i must be the cashfiles 😉

Message 17 of 22
ADNpati

Same Problem here..

Inventor 2014 (came with FDS2014), VBA Editor /MAcros button is not working.

Load VBA on start-up is not available in Application Options.

Can somebody point out me in right direction.

AD

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 22
jozef.dubaj
in reply to: ADNpati

With 2014 there was a different issue. Most probably your VBA 7.1 was not installed correctly

Please take a look here

Greets,

Jozef

Message 19 of 22
ADNpati
in reply to: jozef.dubaj

Found the solution by myself. It is Here.

Thanks for reply..

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 22
kcNX6GG

this software the support is very lousy. 

also select the very expensive parking place for seminal, 

when I make a complaint .  staff from Autodesk ask me to  take  public transport.  Them  funny.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report