Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros for Inventor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brianwainman
395 Views, 4 Replies

Macros for Inventor?

Hi I am doing a lot of drawings at the moment and I seem to be spending a lot of time repeating the same command sequences. In ACAD I set up some macros using the keyboard commands and then save with a button - Can I do that in IV or is it a course in VB.

For instance:
We like to add the word "SECTION" to the A-A View Label.
Add the diameter symbol to the front of a dimension (it takes seven clicks!).
Little things like this make you feel that you are drawing again not a computer operator

Any help please

Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: brianwainman

Try the customisation forum
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Actually, you can create your custom style in the "Dimension Styles" dialog box without using any macro "brianwainman" wrote in message news:15559071.1112104860538.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi I am doing a lot of drawings at the moment and I seem to be spending a lot of time repeating the same command sequences. In ACAD I set up some macros using the keyboard commands and then save with a button - Can I do that in IV or is it a course in VB. > > For instance: > We like to add the word "SECTION" to the A-A View Label. > Add the diameter symbol to the front of a dimension (it takes seven clicks!). > Little things like this make you feel that you are drawing again not a computer operator > > Any help please > > Brian
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

We use a nifty little utility called "MacroMaker". It's handy for all sorts of windows programs. "brianwainman" wrote in message news:15559071.1112104860538.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi I am doing a lot of drawings at the moment and I seem to be spending a > lot of time repeating the same command sequences. In ACAD I set up some > macros using the keyboard commands and then save with a button - Can I do > that in IV or is it a course in VB. > > For instance: > We like to add the word "SECTION" to the A-A View Label. > Add the diameter symbol to the front of a dimension (it takes seven > clicks!). > Little things like this make you feel that you are drawing again not a > computer operator > > Any help please > > Brian
Message 5 of 5
brianwainman

Have downloaded and started to use - Excellent little program

Thank you very much

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report