Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro-command to change title block in idw

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sylvaindussault4118
1102 Views, 8 Replies

Macro-command to change title block in idw

Is there any macro-command to do this :

"Open the .idw that you created your title block in. Locate and right click on your title block in "drawing resources". Select copy. Open the file that you want to put your title block in. Right click on "drawing resources" and paste your title block there. Now you will have to delete their title block and then activate yours. "

I want to change my drawing template and I have many to do and it must have somewhere somehow a way to do this automaticly?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: sylvaindussault4118

It has been looked at by a number of people, but is a daunting task the way the API is for it. The program would have to read every possible type of thing that can go into a titleblock, and store it, then recreate it in the new drawing. I have not been able to figure out any way to do it with Windows clipboard API -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "sdussault" wrote in message news:27659531.1076522903443.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there any macro-command to do this : > > "Open the .idw that you created your title block in. Locate and right click on your title block in "drawing resources". Select copy. Open the file that you want to put your title block in. Right click on "drawing resources" and paste your title block there. Now you will have to delete their title block and then activate yours. " > > I want to change my drawing template and I have many to do and it must have somewhere somehow a way to do this automaticly?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

everything but a fill. The API doesn't support creating Fill in the sketch definition. I have started it a couple of times, it is daunting. Kent Keller wrote: >It has been looked at by a number of people, but is a daunting task the way the API is for >it. The program would have to read every possible type of thing that can go into a >titleblock, and store it, then recreate it in the new drawing. > >I have not been able to figure out any way to do it with Windows clipboard API > >-- >Kent >Assistant Moderator >Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program > > >"sdussault" wrote in message >news:27659531.1076522903443.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > >>Is there any macro-command to do this : >> >>"Open the .idw that you created your title block in. Locate and right click on your >> >> >title block in "drawing resources". Select copy. Open the file that you want to put your >title block in. Right click on "drawing resources" and paste your title block there. Now >you will have to delete their title block and then activate yours. " > > >>I want to change my drawing template and I have many to do and it must have somewhere >> >> >somehow a way to do this automaticly? > > > >
Message 4 of 9

Any updates on this one? I am also wanting to do the same, to well over 100 drawings.
Message 5 of 9

Kent,
I don't know anything about writing macros, but I think this may help simplify things and be a good compromise for the many of us that need this functionality:

I manually perform the exact steps given by 'sdussault' below, except that I open the template file with the desired title block only once, and 'ctrl+c' the title block from the resources. As long as that template idw remains open (and minimized), the needed title block remains on the windows clipboard. Then I simply need to open the successive destination idws, delete the existing t.b., paste the t.b. from the clipboard, and insert it.

So, at the start of my session, can I manually open the template idw, copy the t.b., and minimize the template. THEN, can I execute the macro that simply opens the destination idw and completes the delete/paste/insert operation? Can this be combined with your ibatch routine for doing multiple files?

Again, don't know what I'm talking about, but sounds like the roadblock has been in doing the copy function inside the macro. Can we do that manually, and simplify the macro?

I'd REALLY like to see SOME way to minimize the work required in this.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Not only the copy but the paste is the issue. Charles was had found a method and was working on it, but if I remember right he hit one last roadblock or ?? -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "cavanahd" wrote in message news:10797905.1095353588972.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Again, don't know what I'm talking about, but sounds like the roadblock has been in doing the copy function inside the macro. Can we do that manually, and simplify the macro? >
Message 7 of 9

You can use the Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard to get any of the items sent to the drawing, but you will still have to delete and replace with the new items, I imagine a macro for thsi would be ten times easier.

Message 8 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: trevorauman

trevorauman Wrote:

You can use the Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard to get any of the items sent to the drawing, but you will still have to delete and replace with the new items, I imagine a macro for this would be ten times easier.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so if the title blocks and borders are named the same and you check the option to replace the same not copy it will change the title block so you would not have to delete and reinsert but you may have to open tem so any information that was taken from the model or the idw will get populated..

Message 9 of 9

aDrawingResources

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report