Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Inventor Settings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sportsman19532003
397 Views, 6 Replies

Lost Inventor Settings

I've somehow lost the Inventor settings which allow curves with mouse click during sketch mode. Also have lost automatic constraints of parallelism and coincident intersection points. What do I need to do to get these back?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

This should work by default. Only if you press Ctrl key then it will not put any constraints. Check your Tools, Application Options, Sketch to see if toggling any option makes a difference. I would also put in a new mouse and see if the left key (to create arcs after you create a line) is working fine. Wonder what's the problem. Thanks.

Regards
shekar
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sportsman19532003

I had this problem once a couple years ago, not sure but I believe updating or reinstalling the mouse drivers fixed the curve drag problem with the line command. Make sure you haven't accidentally turned off constraint inference and persistance.
Message 4 of 7

You didn't state what version of Inventor you are using.
Did you fool with Constraint Inference and/or Persistence?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7

I'm using Suite 2009, I did change back to my old mouse and got back my ability to zoom & pan both with my scroll button. These problems did come about after changing my mouse. The old mouse's pointer drifts. However, a simple line, triangle sketch, can't be feature extruded without going through the doctor to coincidentally constrain all points. This used to be automatic, and when I would start a new line on another's endpoint, the endpoint would change color ( I believe to green), now it is grey and unconstrained. The arc capability through the line command does not respond at all as the endpoints remain unidentifiable.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sportsman19532003

I would try a repair install.
Message 7 of 7

I didn't know anything about constraint inference. Went to constraint options whithin a sketch and enabled all constraint inferences, everything seems to be back to normal (including my pointer drift). I can now draw a curve with the line command and the sketches are closed so I can feature most expediently.

Thank you all, very much!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report