Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all colors?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
271 Views, 6 Replies

Lost all colors?

Whenever I go to select what color I want for a specific part, all of my colors are gone and all I can select is default. Any advice? I'm using Inventor 2010.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: Anonymous

Its likely because the template file has no local color or material styles. If thats the case then i assume they normally reside in a style library. Which style library is used is determined by the design data folder setting in the project file. Do you have the right project file set? Has your design data folder been deleted/renamed/moved? Is it on a network location and the network isn't available? 

Can you see the colors if you go to the styles editor? If you can then its something wrong with the drop down list.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 7
Dennis_Jeffrey

Looks like you have changed the path to the Design Data folder, either in your project file or in Application Options >> File.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Well after messing around a little bit more, I found that the peculiar thing is that I only can't do it on these 2 files (one being a mirrored version of the other). Does the fact that I did a sweep or because its hollow or has threads have anything to do with it? Ps. Heres a picture of the part. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

So what I decided to do was just go into one of my files that I can access colors on and, under "material styles,"  simply export it to my desktop and then import it into the piece I was having trouble with.

Message 6 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

lol beat you to it by around 60 secs

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 7
scottmoyse

If its only the 2 mirrored parts causing you the problem then its because teh template the mirror command uses doesnt have any local color styles in the document. 

Your solution works for sure. but IMO everyone should be using style libraries then this wouldn't have caused you any issues. Assuming your project is set correctly and in itself is formatted correctly, as dennis & I alluded to above.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report