Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for right Ribs-generating technique

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
greetinginventor
311 Views, 3 Replies

looking for right Ribs-generating technique

Hi,

I am looking for a technique to learn and I even don't know how it is called, so I will explain here and hope to have your kind help.

The question is 'how to generate ribs out of surface, to machine from wood and assemble the skeleton for doing fiberglass' (sorry for not that clear, English not native to me and yet this is really hard problem for me).

You can see it in this video on 2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nprD_-8ENTc

Someone generated those wooden ribs, machined it and assembled the shape to fill inside with stereofoam (say), and cover by fiberglass to generate mold.

I failed to find any kind of tutorial that answers "how generate such ribs out of a surface at hand". Please give ideas or point me somewhere I could find related information.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I would generate a surface for each rib and thicken it...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 4

Hi greetinginventor,

Attached is an example file that uses the method that Paul recomends. This file was created in Inventor 2010 which is the oldest version I have loaded, so hopefully you will be able to open it.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Thank you very much, I now developed the soluton partially, only a small question remained which is the subject of another post.

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report