Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long parts detailed on 2 seperate idw sheets?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
8wr_zj
905 Views, 6 Replies

Long parts detailed on 2 seperate idw sheets?

My question is there functionality to break a part that is 60' and have it deatiled on two seperate sheets?  The problem is that i do not know of any functionality of doing this in inventor?  Other than create two seperate plan views and crop the view to show only what i want on sheet one.  Then do this process again on sheet two correct?  Then I need to go in and manually add the matchline into each drawing with a sketch line?  Does this sound right?  Do any of you have suggestions and comments for me?  Thanks

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: 8wr_zj

A 2nd option is to make 1 plan view .... and do 2 different Detailed views .. You can change the Fence shape to rectangular... and just have 1 to the left and 1 to the right.. that way you're keeping the views from the same plan view

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

I use this method often and leave the original view on the top left of the sheet small scale to act as a key so you know what area of the overall machine you are looking at

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7
Mario428

If I wanted to use one end for a reference I would use the whole part and insert a break in the relavant area.

I would then reference the end probably using an Ordinate set for all lengths.

The end closest to the reference end gets broken past 1/2 way and a total length put in just because.

Message 5 of 7
8wr_zj
in reply to: Mario428

Thanks for the help.  What would yall do if you needed to do the same thing in two different idw but reference the same plan view?

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 6 of 7
mdavis22569

move the plan view out of the range of the paper border

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Mario428

@8wr_zj wrote:

Thanks for the help.  What would yall do if you needed to do the same thing in two different idw but reference the same plan view?

Don't really understand that question. If you have 2 different IDW files you can bring the same assembly into both of them in whatever view configuration you want whether plan, right left etc.

Have used 3 sheets before for a long complicated assy, just use the view representation you want and make sure the update box is clicked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report