Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo problem when exporting & printing to PDF-SP2 Bug?

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
gcross
5189 Views, 31 Replies

Logo problem when exporting & printing to PDF-SP2 Bug?

Just after installing SP2 update I noticed that PDF files newly created from an IDW no longer will show our logo graphc (BMP file) at all.

I tried printing to Adobe PDF from Inventor & the logo graphic comes out looking extremely poor (see images attached).

I have been exporting  these identical files to PDF for a long time & the logo has not been a problem. We did not change the logo file.

This is a major problem.

Is there a setting that I have overlooked perhaps? Anything else that would cause this?

Thanks.

Gary

Tags (4)
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
gcross
in reply to: gcross

I just checked exorting some Inventor IDW files to PDF's on my laptop also running 2014 PDSU/Inventor SP1 & I'm not experiencing the graphic invisibility problem as with SP2 on my workstation.

On the workstation (SP2) I checked some other files that have BMP views (couldn't use IDW view because appearances on faces are not showing SP1 & 2...arrrrgg!) & the BMP views are also totally invisible in the PDF export.

Printing to Adobe PDF yields terrible BMP & the shaded views are also equally bad (see screen shot attached).

Computer Specs:

Window 7 latest SP

XEON W3690 3.47 GH CPU

nVidia Quadro 4000

12 GB RAM

4x 10K,750GB Raptors/RAID 5

Gary

Tags (4)
Message 3 of 32
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not sound right. I cannot reproduce it on the R2014 SP2 on my machine. Could you post an example (iam, idw, and ipt)  here or send them to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 32
jeanchile

In the PDF printer properties settings, set the Default Settings to High Quality Print that should make your shaded views correct when you "print" a PDF. I'm not sure about the exporting and other things. Maybe that setting will help there too?

Good luck.
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 32
gcross
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Johnson,

I will email you the problem files.

Thank you.

Gary

Message 6 of 32
gcross
in reply to: jeanchile

Jeanchile,

Your suggestion worked to solve my print to PDF problem. I'm still working on the export to PDF issue.

Thanks so much

Gary

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 32
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is indeed a defect in SP2. Somehow all embedded objects (images, spreadsheet, and others) in a drawing may not be exported to DWF/PDF properly. I am working with development to see how it can be resolved soon. I am very sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

In the meantime, if you need to export such drawings to DWF/PDF, you might need to uninstall SP2 for now.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 32
Rich.O.3d

This is marked as SOLVED ... why????

a temporary workaround is not a 'solution' neither is uninstalling SP2

when can we have a patch to fix the service pack ?

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 9 of 32
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi! Indeed, this issue is not solved yet. It will be resolved soon but I cannot comment on the exact timeframe. The workarounds are just to bypass the issues for now.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 32
Rich.O.3d

Any news ... do we have an ETA?

The PDF printer software is blowing out my pdf sizes ... its only set to 600 dpi, a pdf that was 684 kb with PDF Export is now 16MB

CAD Management 101:
Message 11 of 32
RobJV

Just saw this post now.  Guess I should not have posted my own new thread.  I am anxiously awaiting this fix as well.  I too do not like the print fix as my filesizes balloon as well.  I guess I will temporarily use a different pdf distiller until fixed.

Rob

Message 12 of 32
Rich.O.3d

this needs fixing ASAP!

The service pack should not have been deployed without testing basic funcionality never mind taking so long to fix it.

Could we please get an ETA as to when a fix will be available?

CAD Management 101:
Message 13 of 32
Rich.O.3d

When might we expect a fix for this ???

It shouldnt take 2 weeks to correct a simple error like this.

CAD Management 101:
Message 14 of 32
bcroney

Just install SP2 today.  Wish I hadn't.  Saving as a DWG and exporting out of AutoCAD doesn't work for me as it blows the images out of proportion.  And printing to a 3rd party PDF looks like poo and the file size is way too big.  I have clients waiting for approval drawings.  How do I uninstall SP2?

Message 15 of 32
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: bcroney

@bcroney wrote:

... How do I uninstall SP2?

Hi bcroney,

See the Uninstallation section in the Service Pack 2 Readme file (linked below):

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Inventor%202014%20sp2%20readme_enu....

Edit: Actually, after I looked at it, that information is not complete (but it's probably still worth reading). Here are uninstall steps that are a bit more clear, taken from the AutoCAD Readme:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/AutoCAD_2014_and_AutoCAD_LT_2014_SP...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 16 of 32
jramos

Does anyone know if theis is a problem in 2015 as well?

Message 17 of 32
spackle42

An ETA on this would be really appeciated, along with an assurance that this won't be an issue in IV2015.  Most bugs aren't a major hassle as they only affect internal processes but something like this should be number one with a bullet as it directly affects our interactions with our customers and suppliers.

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 18 of 32
BrandonBG

I'm cross-posting from another thread. Any idea if these are related?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Display-of-inserted-PDF-in-Inventor-drawing/td-p/5050...

Message 19 of 32
Rich.O.3d

BUMP

CAD Management 101:
Message 20 of 32
ChrisMitchell01

Sorry for the delay - I just tested a fix for this issue. It should be live within the next 24hrs.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report