Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lofted Flange Ducting help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RobJV
389 Views, 6 Replies

Lofted Flange Ducting help

Hi,

I am trying to create a ducting chute and am having trouble creating a lip on the end.  I have drawn it simply using a boundary path and thickening but know that it will not unfold.  I know I can probably "cheat" and get something close but was wondering if somebody could take a look at the attached assembly (drag the eop markers down) and help me create the chute lip.  It should be sheetmetal and be allowed to unfold.  I am presently not sure which direction to pursue. 

Thanks,

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: RobJV

You forgot to attach the part files.

Part must be created from planar, cylindrical or conic faces only or with the Inventor Sheet Metal tools.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
RobJV
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry - was in a hurry Friday afternoon and grabbed the wrong file.  The zip file should be attached.

Message 4 of 7
RobJV
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD - I am pretty adept at sheetmetal and most other parts of Inventor and understand how sheetmetal parts work - just having trouble figuring out a good way to construct the lip that I have shown as a representation only.  (Zip is now attached.)

Rob

Message 5 of 7
4donwan4

I took a look at the parts you attached and not sure if sheet metal could do this due to the unfolding rules and reliefs it would need.

Regards,

Don.

Message 6 of 7
RobJV
in reply to: 4donwan4

Thanks for taking a look anyways.  I may end up just doing some approximations if nobody else has any bright ideas.  JD?

Message 7 of 7
RobJV

I played with it a bit more and adjusted the lofted flange end sketch and then created a contour flange lip that should do the job.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report