Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loft

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
sandrissss
898 Views, 11 Replies

loft

Hi! I have just recently started using autodesk inventor so i don't know much but i need to make one shape but i can't do it. I will attach poorly drawn paint image of what i want and 2 autodesk files from which in one i did something close to what i wanted, but it not just what i needed. I need those curves to go more smoothly from curved shape to a straight surface in front. And second autodesk file is one i'm working with now, but inventor just isn't allowing me to loft all 3 of those sketches with surface output. Can someone please help?

P.S.

site says attachment is too big, so i uploded those files on uploading.com, here are the links

http://uploading.com/files/47b67faf/durvis3.ipt/

http://uploading.com/files/1ea1m2ee/Part3.ipt/

http://uploading.com/files/d2a9398a/untitled.bmp/

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: sandrissss

I don't know why you would have gotten an error that they are too large.

I noticed that your sketches are not constrained - you might start here while someone looks at your files.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Check the trimmed ellipse on left side in Sketch3 (from Front view) zoom in close.
Not tangent and not trimmed.  Constrain your sketches and you won't see these problems.
(actually Inventor should automatically constrain your sketches for the most part)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
sandrissss
in reply to: JDMather

ok thanks! i got a bit further, at least i think so. but now i have a problem with error that says that i have chosen both open and closed profiles. But i can't see any open loops or anything. how can i close all of the profiles and for the beginning, how i can actually see which profiles are closed and which are open?

Message 4 of 12
JDMather

Attach your files here.

A trick - do a simple Extrude with the profile and run the Sketch Doctor.  You don't need to complete the Extrude feature - this is just a very quick way to check a sketch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
sandrissss

ok that helped as well. but now that loft looks wrong and it does not like my rail. why?

Message 6 of 12
JDMather

You will need to constrain (dimension) your sketches before I can continue offering assistance.
Looks to me like you should have two rails.

Particularly your rails should be constrained as they are derived from other geometry.

Rails.PNG

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
sandrissss

thanks for your patience with me i did what i wanted a bit differrent way, but i think i still can't put constrains as they are needed, but okey i think i wont need help now with this project at least.

Message 8 of 12
JDMather

@sandrissss wrote:

but i think i still can't put constrains as they are needed, but okey i think i wont need help now with this project at least.

Sounds like you do still need help.  Attach your file here.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
sandrissss

ok thanks!

oh and i had another question. what do i need to do that one gear affects other one?

Message 10 of 12
sandrissss

noticed one mistake. here is the correct file.

Message 11 of 12
JDMather

An assembly file without part files is useless.

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
JDMather

Your part file still has unconstrained sketches.

You must have missed pg 5 here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Sketchs 7 & 9 are sick (i in circle).

In the real world products are manufactured to dimensions with considerations for Design for Manufacturability.

I recommend that you start dimensioning your sketches.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report