Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loft

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
343 Views, 2 Replies

loft

I`m working on a Volute using Inventor 2012.still early stages...Please see attached files.

1. Volute .ipt uses the New Solid Button to create 1 Loft....Join Button would not create in 1 Loft

2. Volute 01 .ipt uses the Join Button to create the Loft...I could only create the shape using the Join Button but i needed to use 2 Lofts.

If i use the New Solid Button i could not then cut the inside out with another Loft (set to cut)..picture attached..

If i use the Join Button it takes 2 Lofts but i could then cut the inside out with another Loft (set to cut)

Is it not possible for me to use a Loft to cut the inside out of a Loft created by using New Solid Button.Have i miissed something..

Regards

IJC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Just looking at the picture - I think you might be doing the features in the wrong order.
I always tell my students to do the hard stuff first - save the trivial for later.

Would it work to Loft first and then Shell, then do the rest of the part?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

No worries,Thanks

But why cannot i use a Loft Cut on the New Solid selected Loft?

Why can i create the New Solid Loft in 1 feature but if i use the Join Loft feature i need to use 2 Lofts?

I can use the Loft with Cut selected only on the Loft using the Join button..

Thanks

IJC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report