Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft won't select the right section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mikey08a
1219 Views, 4 Replies

Loft won't select the right section

I'm trying to loft the OUTSIDE of a sketch to the OUTSIDE of another sketch to create the general body shape of a Lambo by cutting away the part that I don't need. But when I open the Loft dialog box and select the sketch, it will only let me select the inside of a sketch. Is there a way around it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: mikey08a

Can you attach the file here?

When you have multiple profiles in a sketch you have to pick twice - the first pick selects the sketch and the second pick selects the profile in the sketch.

It appears like you might have some extra geometry in your sketches that should be Construction type.

Select anything that is not part of your profile, right click and set to Construction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
mikey08a
in reply to: JDMather

Here is the file. I created the extra lines hoping that it would let me select the area from the rectangle to the shpae of the body.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mikey08a

Hi! I am sorry I am a bit confused with the attached part. There are no solid sketch curves to pick. I am not sure what you are trying to do. The section selection behavior in Loft can be a bit confusing some times. The way it works is that when there are multiple consumable sketches available, you will need to select a sketch (to specify which sketch to be used as a section), and then you will select a curve or a profile as the real section curve depending on output type.

If you still cannot figure out, please let me know.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
mikey08a
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'm sorry, I just looked at the file and I saw that it did not save. I did, however, figure out my problem. Sorry for the confusion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report