Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft troubles on spiral rail path

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WHolzwarth
346 Views, 3 Replies

Loft troubles on spiral rail path

I've been initially thinking, it would be an easy task: Lofting along a spiral path with only a start and end section.

But try for yourself:

- Loft -> 1st Sketch (d=40) -> 2nd Sketch (d=100). Preview switches between the shortest distance, Selecting the spiral as path doesn't have any effect.

- Loft -> 1st Sketch (d=40) -> 2nd Sketch (d=70) -> 3rd Sketch (d=100). Preview and result is unuseable, rail selection results in failure.

- Loft -> All five sections. Result is ugly shape, no rail selection possible

With a similar sample I've seen the patterned occurrences of the workplanes show up tangent to the spiral path, instead of normal placement. I didn't see it here, but ..

File is 2015. With EOP down, a solution with a drafted sweep can be seen. But I'd like to see my subscription fees used for improvements here. I don't really need these minor changes in colors and rendering, and other gimmicks.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: WHolzwarth

is this what you are after?

If so, here's the click order;

Select Sketch2

Select Skizze3

Click the Center line option

Select 3D Sketch1

HTH

loft-example.png

Message 3 of 4
WHolzwarth
in reply to: ampster401

Yes. Shame on me.

Smiley Sad Perhaps I've played with this too long.

Thanks

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: WHolzwarth

It's not just you, I've had troubles with lofts for while.  Seems the key is the order you select things.  But that doesn't always work either.

Glad it's what you wanted and works.

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report